Fitness Finds I’m Loving Right Now
I feel like I’ve heard a lot of people raving about different fitness brands, foods, and workout routines that they’ve gotten hooked on recently and thought I’d share some of the things I’m loving and incorporating into my workout routine/diet right now!
1. Perfect Fit Protein. I love this stuff! It doesn’t taste chalky like a lot of other protein powders and it’s only 70 calories. Gluten free, raw, non GMO, all natural, vegan…what else could you ask for? I don’t have much time after my morning workouts to actually make protein shakes so I usually take a pack with me to work and just add it to my coffee!
2. Warm lemon water and fruit for breakfast. I started doing this after I read The Beauty Detox Solution and it’s made such a difference in how I feel in the mornings! My favorites right now are pineapple, raspberries, blackberries, and apples…I don’t limit myself to a certain amount and just eat until I’m satisfied!
3. Barry’s Bootcamp/SHRED415. Most people are familiar with Barry’s Bootcamp because celebs like Kim Kardashian and Jessica Alba swear by it, but it’s basically a high intensity workout that incorporates treadmill intervals with strength training and circuit work. SHRED415 is the only workout like this in Chicago and since day 1 I’ve been hooked. The instructors are always switching up the incline/pace of the sprints and the strength/circuit training changes everyday so you are constantly confusing your muscles and getting a great workout.
**Side note: The arm, shoulder, and back definition of both the men and women clients is ridiculous…seeing how in shape everyone is makes the hell that is this workout absolutely worth it!
4. Alternative Apparel Burnout Tees. These are so soft and comfortable! A friend of mine had one that she bought from a spin studio and I couldn’t get over how comfortable it looked. They also carry them at Shred so I decided to pick up a couple and I wear them all the time. Great investment and they are fun to wear bright colored sports bras under because they are slightly see through!
5. Probiotics. I also started taking this supplement after reading Kim Snyder’s Beauty Detox Solution. Probiotics are tiny living organisms in the intestines that fight harmful bacteria and support healthy digestion. It helps prevent bloating and stomach cramping and taking it serves as a reminder to try and consume as many digestion friendly foods as possible.
6. FOAM ROLLER! I cannot put into words how grateful I am for the foam roller. Since I completely changed my workout routine a couple months ago, I’ve been getting extremely sore after my workouts. My hips and IT bands were so tight and sore that they were preventing me from running to my max, so I talked to one of the trainers and she told me there was no way I was going to be able to keep doing the high intensity workouts if I didn’t learn to love a foam roller. I didn’t know if I believed her at first but it’s seriously unbelievable how much it alleviates soreness and muscle tightness. It’s completely solved my hip/IT band issue and I use it everyday before and after my runs.
7. Lululemon Studio Pants. I don’t wear these when I workout, but they are honestly the most comfortable pants I have ever worn. They’re perfect for lounging or running errands and I promise I will eventually have every color.
8. Insanity Cardio Abs/Beach Babe Abs/Joyce Vedral: Gut, Love Handle, Pooch Busters! Lately I’ve been trying to tone up my core and these three workout DVDs have been awesome. I love that each of them are different types of ab routines so they are perfect to alternate and do a few times a week. Insanity Cardio Abs focuses on some standing abs as well as floor work, but Shaun T boasts that you work your abs without doing any crunches or sit ups. The Beach Babe Ab workout is more pilates based and also includes some plank work, and Joyce Vedral’s video consists of numerous crunching/sit up exercises and is by far the hardest.
9. Lululemon Power Y Tank and Flow Y Bra. I have tons of different workout tops/bras, but I’ve noticed that everytime I do laundry, my Flow Y Bras and Power Y Tanks from Lulu are the first ones I wear. The #1 thing I look for in workout tops/bras is adequate support on top since I fall on the bustier side, and pairing the Flow Y Bra with the Power Y Tank hides my bra straps and basically provides double coverage. I actually stopped buying most of Lululemon’s other bras and tops because I don’t feel like they are supportive enough… and I’m definitely not going to spend over $40 on workout gear that won’t hold everything in place!