Let the Vacation Preparations Begin!
Well, everyone, things just got SERIOUS in my workout world due to some exciting news I received today! I was going through my morning routine at work when my boyfriend came over and told me his parents booked a week long vacation to Cancun in mid-December…and included me in the trip! I’ve never been to Mexico and am actually also going in January for a destination wedding, so to say that I’m excited is definitely an understatement. I didn’t even think it was possible to look forward to wintertime when you live in Chicago, but clearly I was wrong.
Excitement aside, it’s sinking in that I have 2 beach vacations within a month period. My goal for these vacations is to not do what I do every other year when I go on vacation, which is put off getting in “bikini body shape” until the week before and then panic and pretend that eating healthy and stepping up my workouts for 7 days will actually do something substantial.
Instead, my goal for these vacations is to get into the best bikini shape yet! With a little over 3 months, I think it’s a reasonable goal. To keep myself on track, I set some goals to keep me accountable the next 109 DAYS! Here we go…
1) Completely eliminate dairy.
2) Keep a food journal and actually maintain it (I use MyFitnessPal)
3) Weigh myself twice a week. Measurements once per week.
4) Eliminate ALL fast food, fried foods, and processed foods.
5) Alcoholic beverages are only allowed 3 days out of the week. No beer.
6) Incorporate barre, yoga, Metamorphosis, and pilates into my regular Shred routine each week.
7) “Two-a-days” twice per week.
8) 60-80 ounces of water EVERYDAY, not just workdays!
9) Keep gluten intake to a minimum.
10) Work out when I’m out of town.
I’m also going to blog once per week about my progress and hopefully it will hold me even more accountable. I think a few of these goals will be very challenging for me (Is cutting out beer during football season legal?) but I’m also excited about switching things up, pushing myself, and seeing some new results!
Anyone who wants to do this challenge with me, let me know 🙂 Maybe we can get some guest blog posts going!