Health and Fitness Blogs
Happy Thursday! Last weekend Tracie asked if I would post some of my favorite health and fitness blogs, and since I love procrastinating at work and searching the internet for new fitness websites, I thought I’d share a few of my favorites. Some of them are more fitness or nutrition oriented, but I’ve found great posts/recipes/workouts from all of the websites below.
Just a suggestion for anyone who follows a lot of blogs or random websites…I use a website called Bloglovin that stores all of your blogs in one location. All you have to do is create an account, add your blogs to Bloglovin’, and it will automatically pull all of the posts to one location! I used to bookmark all of the blogs I read and this is so much easier.
I’ll start with my favorite fitness blogs:
1) Peanut Butter Fingers: This blog is full of everything from recipes to workouts to life lessons from the author, Julie. My favorite parts about her blog are the circuit workouts and the dozens of recipes she’s tried over the past few years. It’s easy to get lost in her website because she posts numerous times a day and has been blogging for a few years. This is definitely one of the blogs I read on a daily basis.
2) Fit Sugar: This website has really taken off over the past few years…I started following their website back in college and they’ve definitely transformed themselves into a solid website for health and fitness information. They are great about linking to other blogs/websites and will post workouts with celebrity trainers, recipes, the newest health trends, and tons of other topics. You can definitely waste tons of time on this website!
3) Blogilates: This site is dedicated mostly to workouts but also has some nutrition info as well. Sometimes I find her to be a bit too girly for me but she has some great workout videos and knows her stuff. Her posts can also be a bit long and I’ll end up skimming the posts for the most important points, but I definitely recommend her website if you are looking for a quick workout to do when you are traveling or at home.
4) Tone It Up: I LOVE Tone It Up! I have both of their DVD’s as well as their Nutrition Plan and these ladies really know their stuff. They have tons of recipes and workout videos even if you don’t pay for the nutrition plan, and they have numerous fitness challenges throughout the year.
And my favorite nutrition blogs:
1) Fit Foodie Finds: This blog always has the most delicious looking food. I really need to start branching out with my cooking and try a few of her recipes. Her website is laid out reall well and so many of the foods make my mouth water (Hello, Quinoa Caprese and Peanut Butter Balls!).
2) Healthy Happy Life: This is a great source for vegan recipes. She posts all kinds of different foods, but some of them are a little advanced for me…If you cook alot or love baking, I think you’d love this website. I haven’t made anything that she’s posted yet, but the recipes are really unique and creative.
3) Lifeologia: This might be my favorite nutrition blog. The recipes are very simple and clean since the author is vegan and gluten-free. For the most part, I either don’t have time or am WAY too lazy to spend hours cooking up a meal, so her website is great for quick, on the go meal ideas.
4) Skinnytaste: I’m a big fan of the soup recipes on her blog. They always look delicious and the recipes are fairly simple. If you haven’t noticed, I’m not one for complicated meals so the fewer ingredients and less prep time, the better!
5) Eating Bird Food: A great website for vegetarian recipes. Tons of recipes but she only posts once every few days.
Hopefully at least one of these blogs is new for you guys! If you know of any other good ones, please send it to me!