Hello everyone! I am back from Dallas and happy to be done traveling for a couple months. Traveling every weekend really took a lot out of me and I’m excited to get back into my regular routine.
Since eating healthy was definitely my biggest downfall while traveling, I thought I’d share some recipes that I hope to make over the next couple weeks. Unfortunately for you meat lovers, all of these recipes are vegan (I finished In Defense of Food yesterday on the airplane and it inspired me to spend my day perusing the internet for vegan recipes). However, you could easily add chicken, ground turkey, or any type of meat to these recipes if you’re up for it!
1. Vegan/Gluten Free Soups from Lifeologia! There are 13 different soups to choose from and all of them look delicious (especially the Tortilla!)
2. Red Quinoa Tacos from YumUniverse. I’ve been on a bit of a Mexican kick lately and can’t wait to try these. I’m sure my tacos will look nothing like Heather’s picture below, but the recipe looks pretty simple and my roommate and I have a love for quinoa so I’m sure this meal would be a hit at my apartment.
3. Perfect Fit Donuts from ToneItUp. Healthy donuts? SOLD! Mark my words, I will own a donut maker by the end of the month. Plus, the Tone It Up ladies shared a link for a $30 donut maker from Target!
4. Healthy Curry Cauliflower from FitSugar. I’ve always liked cauliflower and this recipe couldn’t be any easier. The preparation is identical to kale chips (toss in oil, spices, and bake!) and this may be the most delicious cauliflower I’ve ever seen!
5. Creamy Kale and Millet Salad from YumUniverse. A friend of mine introduced YumUniverse to me recently and I think it might be my new favorite source for vegan 101 and recipes. I really want the Lifetime Membership available on the website but my bank account is in the dumps right now so that investment will have to wait!