My Favorite Things of 2012
I can’t believe it’s been almost a year since I started this blog with the intentions of getting into a workout routine, and more importantly back in shape. It’s crazy to think how much I’ve grown over the past 12 months and I couldn’t be more excited to set new goals for 2013 and see what the upcoming year has in store (Tough Mudder and 2 half marathons are already paid for and on the calendar–BRING IT!). To kick off what will likely be numerous posts about the new year, the past year, and both old and new resolutions, I thought I’d post a few of my favorite things from 2012. Enjoy!
1. Mark Bars – Oh Mark Bars, how I love you! Delicious, nutritious, reasonably priced, and all natural, these bars have gotten me through workouts and slumps in my work day since July. They are my go to snack now and I can’t imagine going a day without them.
2. Perfect Fit Protein – I’ve always tried to use protein powders as a supplement in my diet but failed miserably until Perfect Fit Protein was released earlier this year. In addition to the DOZENS of recipes on the website, it works perfectly as a sweetener and creamer in my coffee and I have it after every workout now!
3. Eat To Live by Joel Fuhrman – This book opened my eyes to the benefits of a plant based, nutrient-rich lifestyle. I’ve read numerous books on plant based living since discovering this book over the summer and is by far one of my all-time favorite reads.
4. Forks Over Knives – Best. Documentary. Ever. Even my boyfriend really enjoyed it and hasn’t had fast food since watching it (he used to eat it 4+ times per week). To keep it short and simple, it’s a really powerful, informative film.
5. BoKu Superfood – Monday through Friday at 3:30 pm you will find me with a cup of green tea and BoKu Superfood. The natural energy it gives me is incredible and I’ve actually grown to love the taste.
6. Greater Than Coconut Water (GRAPE!) – I hate coconut water but this stuff is delicious! I keep a stash at work and drink them before my afternoon workouts or if I’m ever in a mid-day slump.
7. JuiceRx – Liquid Lipo – I did a couple cleanses this year but none of the juices really stuck out to me like the Liquid Lipo did. A friend recommended it to me for hangovers (I haven’t tested this theory….yet!) but I usually have it twice a week as a mid-day snack between breakfast and lunch.
8. Coconut Oil – This has completely replaced olive oil when I’m cooking in the kitchen.
9. Homemade salad dressings – I don’t use bottled salad dressings anymore and I love getting creative with all of the different ingredients you can use. I set aside one day a week and make a batch to take to work with me. It’s healthier, cleaner, and you know exactly what’s in it!
10. Organic Girl Spinach – Because no one likes washing their spinach and making sure it’s clean before eating! These girls wash the spinach 3x for you so that you don’t have to!
What were your favorite things of 2012?